Many people may ask how to make distilled water at home. If you want to find the answer, this means you have realized the importance of pure water to your health. About 70% of our body is made up of water. However, water has been polluted seriously. In recent years, water has become the cause of death. There are many impurities in water, such as heavy metals, disinfectors, pesticides etc. These contaminants can cause many waterborne diseases. Therefore, more and more people want to drink pure water and want to know how to make distilled water at home in order to avoid such waterborne diseases due to impure water.
Many people want to make distilled water at home. As the 100% pure water, drinking distilled water has been accepted by more and more people. In this post, we will discuss how to make distilled water at home. Why? You can buy bottled water, but it will cost you a lot of cash. Making distilled at home is economical and convenient.
Before answer the question how to make distilled water, we must know what distilled water is first.
Distilled water is the purest water, not containing any other substance. How to get it? First, water is boiled, and then the vapor rises and will be condensed into a clean container. The water in the container is distilled water. All the other substances are left in the boiler. This process separates water and contaminants in the water.
The best way to make distilled water is to buy a water distiller. There are many water distillers on the market. Generally, a distiller can make up to 4 gallons water per day. In a long run, using water distillers to make pure water is more economical than buying bottled water. If you don’t have a distiller, you also can make pure water at home.
1. Fill one 4-5 gallon stainless steel boiler with 2 gallons tap water
2. Place a round glass bowl into the bot, making the bowl afloat in the water. If there is enough water in the boiler, the bowl is easy to float. Remember the bowl cannot touch the bottom of the boiler. If the bowl cannot be afloat, a round backing rack can be placed on the bottom of the bot to support the bowl.
3. Place the lid on the pot, and then fill the lid with ice.
4. Now it is time to make distilled water. First turn on the stove and boil the water to 100 centigrades. The liquid water becomes steam. The stream rises and condenses when it touches the lid. The stream becomes liquid water again and falls into the bowl. Then we get distilled water.
5. After the bowl is full or the water in the pot is less, turn off the stove and remove the lid. The bowl and the water in it are very hot. You’d better wear gloves to remove the bowl from the boiler.
6. Cool the hot water and pour it into the bottle. You can store it in the refrigerator.
As I said before, a water distiller can simplify the process. It is worth buying a countertop water distiller.
Tagged: distilled water, how to make distilled water, water distiller